- Video Gallery -
- Message from Trustees -
We the trustees of Abadhodharana SubramaniaIyer Charitable Trust, Mahadanapuram Village Kanyakumari are pleased to inform all our Village ancestors/descendants/erstwhile residents that one of our ancestors beautiful, large house has been recently renovated, keeping in view that the village descendants may visit our Village temples to fulfill their prayers and to visit nearby important places of historical/architectural /religious importance.
Founders of the trust have no intention of making this Shree Krishna villa a commercial venture. It has been done purely with non -profit motive, Rather, this initiative has been taken with the objective of providing selfless services to our village descendants families/ their relatives/friends, for their stay in their own Dhana Village (the Year 1753) in a comfortable and homely environment peacefully. As all of you are well aware, the cost of staying in Kanyakumari is highly expensive, driven purely by commercial interest, whereas one can also enjoy the weekend by staying in our own beautiful village.
The idea behind this initiative is that almost all the permanent natives of our villager have migrated to various locations not only in India but to various parts of the world. Also, our village descendants families no more possess any House or properties in their birthplace (own village) called Mahadanapuram (Kanyakumari). The renovation of the village house was undertaken with the utmost care of not spoiling or damaging the old architectural structures and the pristine ambiance of the place. The house has been converted into a compact accommodation (Villa) (with all modern amenities) for a comfortable and memorable stay in our ancestors village called PanchalangalaMahadanapuram.
Check-in time: 7am, Check-out time: 7 AM (24 Hours)
“Shree Krishna Villa” Facilities:-
- Pooja room: Vadyar (Grama Sastrigal) phone number are displayed in the villa
- Travels: Car/ Auto (conveyance) driver’s mobile numbers are displayed in the villa. Nearest Railway station Kanyakumari which is just 3 km from the villa
Nearest Airport: Tuticorin which is 125 km and Thiruvananthapuram is 85 Km (Pick Up from airport facility is available subject to advance information)
- Food: Pure homemade vegetarian food from morning to night is available within the village locals. Phone numbers and menus are displayed.
- Medical Facilities: Any medical emergency doctors and hospitals are available within one km distance.
More about Village Villa:
- “Shree Krishna Villa” house is provided with AC units, Refrigerator, Washing machine, Microwave oven ( for heating food items, especially for small kids to heat milk, water, etc.) kettle for self-preparation of coffee, for which sachets are kept. Modern Indian and Western-style restrooms, Geyser in the bathrooms, Well water open bath showers, double cots with mattress, ( extra 5 Cotton beds, 5 mats, for more members) Sofa sets, Chairs, Dining table, TV with Tata sky DTH, UPS,
In the backyard, there is a beautiful garden.
- Attendants: To look after the needs of the visiting Villagers
- Maximum of 10 members (5+5 ) can stay comfortably in the “Villa”; Car parking facilities, western style restroom and separate bathing facilities for drivers are also available.
Kindly inform/forward this communication to our village descendants whom you know as also relatives to avail these facilities.
Stay in the villa would be only on a day to day basis.
Heartiest Welcome to you all of our dear friends We are confident that you would enjoy your stay here.
Donations are accepted.
- House Rules -
When a visitor stays at “Shree Krishna Villa” of Abadhodharana Subramania Iyer Charitable Trust, Mahadanapuram Village & Post, Kanyakumari-629702, he/she must follow these rules:
- Check-in time and check-out time: – 7AM to 7AM. We wish that the Number of visitors do not exceed the number of people registered.
- Electricity: – the voltage is 220V.Visitors from abroad have to bring their charger according to Indian condition.
- Sastrigal Service:-For the performance Poojas in the temples, you are strictly advised to engage only our Grama Samudhaya Sastrigal ( as per village custom ) whose mobile number is displayed on the notice board.
- Food: – Please make your orders in advance.
- To bring your food items from the caterers the villa has Tiffin carriers, flask, carry bags, etc.
- Plates, teacups, etc are also available in the villa. Use only our Villa utensils.
- Phone numbers are displayed on the board. The cooking facility is not available.
- Order your foods: – Two hours earlier.
- Breakfast ………………..7.30 AM to 9 AM,
- Lunch ……………………12.30 PM to 2.30 PM,
- Dinner………………….. 7.30 PM to 9 PM
- Oven: – A micro oven is provided for heating of milk, water for the infants. Gas stove cooking facility is not available. Local vegetarian food is available subject to placing orders in advance.
- Travels: – Inform your itinerary/ program in advance to car/auto drivers who will be available on time. Phone numbers are displayed on the board.
- Excursions: – You can call your travels for visiting nearby places, visit all temples nearby.
- Air conditioning: – Use it only with the door and windows closed. Turn it off when you leave the house. Also, turn off the water and electrical equipment.
- TV, Internet, electrical equipment: – Make sure you understand how to use any electrical equipment. If you are not familiar with AC and electrical equipment, do not change any existing settings. Wi-Fi, Internet connection is not available.
- TV: – The villa has a satellite TV / DTH Tata Sky.
- Vegetarian: – Vegetarian food alone is strictly permitted.
- Smoking: – Smoking is completely forbidden in the villa and whole village.
- Alcohol: – Consumption of alcohol or any kind of drugs is strictly prohibited.
- Medical care: – Should you require emergency medical assistance please contact nearby hospitals at Kottaram located just one KM from our village.
- Switch Off: – when you leave please ensure to switch off all electrical appliances.
- Laundry: – You can wash the clothes in the washing machine provided. It is the duty of the visitor to bring necessary detergents (Surf Excel Matic liquid only) for washing clothes.
- Safety: – The villa is not responsible for any loses of valuable that not been locked property in their safety boxes.
- Noise: – Your stay is in a beautiful village. Be considerate to your neighbors avoiding loudness and noise particularly between 9 PM to 8 AM. This Villa is for ancestors- descendants of this village and not for having parties. Surroundings are quiet and peaceful and we would like to stay that way.
- Children: – Children should be under constant supervision of adults especially during risky activities like going backyards of the villa and near the well also nearby village tanks.
- Plants: – Do not damage any plants or grass.
- Furniture: – Do not use indoor furniture outside.
- Cleaning: – Please keep the facilities clean especially the toilets/kitchen. Put all the garbage in a designated container and keep the ground clear of litter. At the time of leaving, please clean the OVEN and all the dishes regularly, since the extended house cleaning is not included in the regular cleaning fee.
- On you’re leaving:-Leave the property in the same condition that you would like to find it for yourself. Leave the space tidy for the next guests. Only use the furniture for its intended purpose and replace in its original position at the end of your stay.
- Damages: – Guests are personally responsible for anything you damage and guests are obliged to pay for any damage caused in the villa before leaving.
- Suggestions: – A suggestion book is located in the reception area.
- Settling your dues: – before your departure, we suggest you to settle your bills for food suppliers/ Travels or any service you have engaged privately.
- Tips: – The attendant will be grateful for a token of appreciation for their service. Any tip is at your complete discretion.
- Rules are subject to changes.